They don't call her "J.K." because she's so serious on Twitter.
@jk_rowling, center. (via Getty)
Today is J.K. Rowling's birthday. Another year goes by. Accio the march of time. In the Harry Potter author's honor, let's look back at her most delightful trolling moments and refrain from practicing any dark arts for the rest of the day.
1. The time she played an elaborate mind game to make us think we all went to Hogwarts.
.@m_abs All these people saying they never got their Hogwarts letter: you got the letter. You went to Hogwarts. We were all there together.
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 7, 2015
2. The time she expressed second thoughts about typing all your favorite characters to death.
It's the 16th anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. I'm having a moment's silence over my keyboard. I hated killing some of those people.
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) May 2, 2014
3. The time she refused to explain female wizard menstruation.
@NadinscheCN Well, they take a Horcrux... no, not really. THAT'S really been bugging you for years?
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 24, 2014
4. The time she shut down all the nerd debates about how much Hogwarts tuition costs.
@emmalineonline1 @micnews There's no tuition fee! The Ministry of Magic covers the cost of all magical education!
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) July 17, 2015
5. The time she vague-tweeted about the mysterious reason why her new Harry Potter project had to be a play.
I'm also very excited to confirm today that a new play called Harry Potter and the #CursedChild will be opening in London next year.
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) June 26, 2015