On Saturday, the Early Years Foundation Stage shared a photo of one teacher’s weekend homework assignment for her 10 and 11-year-old students. The assignment, from Mrs. Thom of Huckleberry Primary School in Reading, England (god, that sounds charming), features a list of activities that will help prepare her students for their upcoming Year 6 SATs (not the SAT you're thinking of—this is a British assessment test for schoolchildren).
J3 Homework for Monday 9th May
We are now in the last couple of days before SATS and it is vital you use your time this weekend wisely. This your homework for this weekend. Please complete as many of these activities as possible and tick to say they have been done.
• Go on a bike/ scooter ride
• Read a book
• Watch your favourite TV programme
• Eat Haribo or ice-cream
• Spend time with people you love
• Laugh until your tummy hurts
• Go outside and enjoy the weather
• Go for a swim or a walk
• Spend time on your favourite hobby.
• See friends
• Run until you just can't anymore
• Cook or make something
• Have more Haribo or ice-cream
• Play in your garden
• Do something you have never done before.
If you feel you have to, you may revise, BUT you can only do this for a maximum of one hour total.
REMEMBER—Mrs. Thom is in charge of worrying—you don't need to. You are all amazing and I couldn't be more proud of you.
HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND :)