Attention, parents of small children who watch Frozen all day, every day: You're going to Epcot Center on your next vacation because that's where the new "Frozen Ever After" ride will be located.
"Let it go, in which 'it' is your resistance." (Via Wall Street Journal)
Similar to how Disney revamped its "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride to add in characters and other elements of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, "The Malestrom" in Epcot's Norway pavillion will be "gutted" and turned into "Frozen Ever After." The original log ride through a Nordic winter will remain the same, except everything riders see will be Frozen-ed. It will also be full of robots.
Here's what the ride will be like:
• As patrons wait in what is likely to be a three-hour line, they'll walk by Wandering Oaken's Trading Post, where an animatronic Wandering Oaken will say "yoo hoo!"
• As exhausted parents and whiny toddlers board their longship, animatronic Olaf the Snowman and Sven the Reindeer robots will provide exposition on how the ride is set in Arendelle's "Winter Festival," which takes place in the summer.
• The ride passes through Troll Valley, where the Grandpappy Troll robot tells the story of how Anna and Kristof met (major spoiler warning if you haven't seen Frozen).
• There's another encounter with Olaf, this time singing a song and ice skating.
"See, like, we're all robots, and they're just controlling us, man…" (Via Wall Street Journal)
• Then, Elsa sings "Let It Go" in an ice castle, there are some fireworks, all the main character robots wave, and you're on to the gift shop.