Advertising

Redditor Kshanks19 lived through every pet owner's worst nightmare recently, when her beloved dog was bitten by a copperhead snake. Luckily, she got the poor pooch to a vet immediately, and she made a full recovery. To aid in the process, the vet gave her some opiates. The effect of the drugs was so hilariously derpy, Kshanks19 took a photo and uploaded it to Reddit, where it's quickly gone viral.

"What is time?"
"What is time?"

Look at that slobber! Obviously dogs should not get high for recreational reasons, but she's clearly into it.

Advertising

Concerned commenters asked for more details about the dogs recovery, and Kshanks19 was happy to oblige.

Fortunately she didn't have to have the antivenom. Her vitals were all normal and just had a small fever. She was super lethargic and in pain though. Thankfully for her size (130lb) her system will flush it out without issue. Size definitely matters. The vet told me that out of all the poisonous snakes in Texas the copperhead is the best one to get bit by. Their bodies just handle it better. Got aent up with pain pills and antibiotics and she's doing great! Still slow amd in pain but alert and eating. Also, the copperhead was a baby and only got one fang in her. She was lethargic 5 minutes later and drooling. I'm ripping everything out of my backyard that could house a snake this weekend. Scariest moment of my life.

Advertising

We're just happy that she's healthy and safe. Now she can slobber on for many years to come.