When you were a kid, anything was a toy. A simple box. An empty toilet roll. A dildo, found under mom and dad's bed that instantly became your best friend forever.
Compared to some of these nostalgic tales from AskReddit, playing with a giant dildo seems downright reasonable. Just keep your kid away from PVC pipes.
1. This_reasonable_guy probably grew up to be a reasonable badass.
2. Lastal kicks off the first of many stories about kids turning strange natural resources into hard currency.
3. This story from adeadgirl is probably the best reason not to raise kids in Australia.
4. Drollesh further demonstrates how violent kids get. At least they don't realize a pipe is, itself, a weapon.
PVC pipes ...
A T-junction and two short pipes were pistols:
Two T-junctions and more short pipes were smgs/rifles:
═══ ╦ ═════ ╦
5. SuperFreshness had a toy, but a very adult toy.
6. Playing god is a thrilling game for a young Jeffrey Dahmer, or a redditor named CourageOfOthers.
Insects. I used to build Lego mazes for woodlice, paint them in racing colours, then release them to see who won. Often, losers would be fed to spiders.
I promise I'm not a serial killer...
7. At least fletchindubai's animals were already deceased by the time they became his entertainment.
I could amuse myself for hours poking a dead mole with a bamboo cane.
8. Did the2belo grow up to become a TMZ reporter?
9. Littleglobe got ahold of a couple of mafia weapons and had endless fun.
10. TheMoonKitten is appropriately named if they'd only drop the "moon."
Well, technically they were toys, just not for...Humans.
Cat toys. I collected cat toys. I especially liked the ones where you'd pull the tail, and they'd scoot/vibrate across the floor. Not in a weird way, though. I thought they were cute lol.
my favorite one was named Cupcake
11. The dark truth is Isaac_256 did know.
When I was younger, around 10 or so. My niece was born and she would get dropped off at my house so my mom would baby sit.
Near the bag of toys was a bag that carried the diapers and stuff. Inside, I found a suction kind of 'toy'. Me being the kid that would mess around with things that were not mine, I began playing with it, using it as a water squirter. I eventually began using it to suck up water and then squirt it in my mouth.
One day, my twin brother sees me squirting water into my mouth using that suction 'toy' and tells me, "You DO know thats for the baby's boogers right?"