Red carpets events are basically a bunch of humans putting on makeup, wearing ornate clothing, and pretending to be gods. Naturally, there are a lot of things that can go wrong with this sort of charade. Here are the most awkward red carpets moments of 2015.
1. Olivia Culpo fainting at the Emmys.
Hot summer day + intense dress = loss of consciousness.
2. Amy Schumer falling in front of Kim and Kanye at the Time 100 gala.
What, exactly, was the joke again?
3. Selena Gomez's cheeseburger caddy at the KIIS-FM Jingle Ball.
She didn't really acknowledge it, which makes it all the more hilarious.
4. Rashida Jones being told she was "tan" and "tropical" at the Screen Actors Guild awards.
She told the reporter she was "ethnic," which is a statement no one should ever have to say.
5. Iggy Azalea being asked by a 10-year-old about her breast expansion surgery at the Kids' Choice Awards.
They should've left this hard-hitting question to a more experienced journalist, like a 12-year-old.
6. John Travolta kissing Scarlett Johansson at the Oscars.
It'd be awkward if anyone did it, but it's extra awkward because it's John Travolta.
7. Gigi Hadid hugging every member of One Direction except Harry Styles at the American Music Awards.
The shade was palpable.
8. Beyoncé telling the assistant adjusting her gown to "stop it" at the TIDALx1020 party.
9. Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer wearing the same dress.
There was a four year gap between them wearing it, but still, this is kind of a story! Right?!
10. Giuliana Rancic commenting that Zendaya's dreads make her look like she "smells like patchouli oil. Or weed."
Zendaya released an Instagram statement in response:
And Rancic later apologized—both for the insensitivity of her comments and for making every confused person Google "patchouli oil."
11. This red carpet interview between Dakota Johnson and her mom at the Oscars.
It looks like they continued the conversation they were having in the car beforehand.