Some celebrities are still famous even though they seem to be widely loathed—your Kardashians, your Guy Fieris, your Ben Afflecks. But even if you like those stars, you can kind of understand why other people don’t like them. But for every celebrity, there's somebody out there who hates them, even if they aren’t sure why. The redditors on this list revealed which otherwise beloved celebrity they absolutely can’t stand for reasons even they don't understand.
1. User helmutkr hates Stephen Hawking, too.
Eddie Redmayne. I can't explain it, I just kind of want to punch him in the face for some reason.
2. This celebrity is way too busy with his five hit TV shows to care what caseyfoor thinks of him.
Ever since that little bespectacled turd's SNL intro shot of him purposefully having the camera show that he is looking through 70s and 80s punk records then turning to smile with pursed lips and little goon eyes wide open. I don't like how much he pushes his own alternative self image on people. It seems that he's trying really hard to make everyone believe that he's really hip and cool.
That being said, I'm pretty sure that if I met him, I'd think he was a really nice guy, and I would regret ever saying this.
3. DougieJurgens pinpoints the public's complicated relationship with celebrity.
Drake. I'm also a big drake fan though so I'm very conflicted.
4. User peppersprayingfun doesn't mean the real Mark Wahlberg (the one who threatened Andy Samberg because he impersonated him, and who once nearly beat a man to death).
The fake ass Mark Wahlberg - the asshole that hosts Antiques Roadshow. That man can go right to hell. Fuck him.
5. Adeebrulz hates Nick Kroll, which means an extended hate of podcasts and most everything on cable TV.
I fucking hate Nick Kroll. It may be because every character he plays is a complete douchebag. His face just seems douchey.
6. Baseball_Catch has a remarkable knowledge of Jennifer Garner's career and life for someone who can't remember her actual name.
I'm really bad with names. It's the one girl who does the airline commercials about seats on a plane and credit card miles. I think she was married to the bad angel from Dogma. Anyway, it's something about her face and voice. I dislike both greatly.
7. Things for hmeeshy are not alright, alright, alright. Alright?
I have literally no reason at all, I just don't really want to watch anything he's in.
8. It would seem young spacechurro had some bad dreams after watching Punchline.
Sally Field. She traumatized me as a child.
9. "Hanks for nothing." —NigelJ
Tom Hanks and Steven Speilberg. I dislike both irrationally but I feel like Speilberg is an especially irrational dislike because I think a lot of his movies are really great, yet whenever I hear of a new one he directed I assume it's gonna suck. I just don't like him for some reason and I can't put my finger on it.
10. This comment from SadManRoamingFree marks the first time someone hated a Quaid that wasn't Randy.
Dennis Quaid. I think it's his face.
11. This assessment from omfghost could describe pretty much any celebrity, though.
Megan Fox. I think she's really hot but she also looks kinda mean
12. Haters gonna hate hate hate. Like this mcbobgeorge character.
I really dislike Taylor Swift- her music isn't bad and she seems nice, she just gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
13. What did Savannah Guthrie ever do to you, PacSan300?
Everyone on the Today Show really, except for Al Roker.
14. This critique from usthcd kind of makes sense.
I think Nicole Kidman is a psychopath and a serial killer.
I think she and Tom Cruise were a killer couple, like Gillian Anderson and Mads Mikkelsen in Hannibal, and now they're competition.
15. You can't really trust the opinion of someone whose user name is iheartnickelback.
Oprah. Fuck absolutely everything about oprah.
16. User aidantheman18's hatred isn't that unjustified, since the subject of his scorn invented Facebook.
Jesse Eisenberg makes me want to drill a hole in my head.
17. Let's all kick in and buy a bidet for Vince Vaughn and say it came from this deleted user's mother.
My mom says she doesn't like Vince Vaughn because it looks like he doesn't wipe his butt.
18. Hello, r-e-d-d-i-t? Hello?!
Adele. Can't stand her face, her voice, or the content of her songs. She just makes me so angry and I don't know a damn thing about her.