It's not hard to find someone to have sex with you if you're a celebrity, but finding someone to spend your life with is harder. After all, how do you know if it's you they love or your fame and fortune?!?! These celebrities smartly got around that conundrum by meeting their significant others before they got famous. And then they both got famous. There are some real Hollywood power couples ahead:
1. William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman first met when Huffman was Macy's acting student in the early '80s. They married in 1997, a year before Huffman starred in Sports Night and a year after Macy had his breakthrough role in Fargo.
2. Paula Patton and Robin Thicke are divorced now, but the actress and pop star first met when she was 16 and he was 14 in the early '90s, long before "Blurred Lines" or Deja Vu. They married in 2005 and divorced after ten years.
3. Actress Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford of the band Mumford and Sons were childhood pen pals who later reconnected as famous adults. They got married in 2012 and now have a young daughter.
4. Pop stars Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears have been broken up for a long time now, but during the three-year period they did date in the early 2000s, they probably spent lots of time talking about The Mickey Mouse Club, which both they joined as castmembers in 1993.
5. Actors Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt started dating in 1997, several years before Westfeldt wrote and starred in her breakout movie Kissing Jessica Stein, and a full decade before Mad Men premiered. They broke up last year after 18 years.
7. Comedians Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Brad Hall began dating as Northwestern undergraduates performing at the Second City. Saturday Night Live hired both as performers when Dreyfus was just 21.
8. Actors Angela Bassett and Courtney B. Vance met as acting students at Yale in the early '80s. She starred in her first major role (as Reva in Boyz n the Hood) in 1991. Vance, meanwhile, should by all rights be a future Emmy winner for his performance as Johnny Cochran in American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson.
9. Steve Carell was his wife Nancy Walls's improv teacher at the Second City improv theater in Chicago. They married in 1995 when she was being added to the cast of SNL, and a year before he became a cast member on The Dana Carvey Show. In 1999, both became long-running correspondents on The Daily Show.