The internet was
turned on grossed out this week with the theory that Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen might be brother and sister, but now a wild new Jonerys theory takes things to the next level.
George R.R. Martin once told fans that in addition to being dark and full of terrors, the end of Game of Thrones will be "bittersweet."
In an extremely long, well sourced essay, Redditor Saravian interprets the Prince that Was Promised Prophecy in a way that spells doom for Daenerys. Rather than defeating the Army of the Dead through a traditional military victory, Saravian the Frog forsees Jon Snow saving humanity by having to plunge his sword (a real sword, not his penis) into his beloved queen-aunt.
The post is long and a great read, but here are the Cliff's Notes.
- [George R.R.] Martin’s vision for the story took shape in the early 90’s. The journey may have meandered, but its destination is unchanged.
- It is an unfortunate truth that a story told to millions over three decades cannot conceal its own ending - the surprising ultimately becomes the predictable.
- Jon, Dany, and Tyrion are the story’s heroes and Jon and Dany will join in marriage, as is foreshadowed in the House of the Undying.
- The first Long Night ended through diplomacy. The Wall was created by the Others. A pact was sealed and sacrifices were given at the Nightfort.
- Azor Ahai engineered this peace by thrusting his dragonsteel blade Lightbringer into the chest of his wife, Nissa Nissa, transforming her into an Other and ruling as the book!Night’s King who famously took a corpse bride.
- Jon Snow will end the upcoming War for the Dawn by doing the same to his wife, Daenerys.
- The two rule Westeros together as man and white walker - our promised bittersweet ending.