A group of Redditors are telling their worst "affluenza" stories, and the results are rich with rage-inducing humor. The term is now synonymous with (but actually pre-dates) a very rich Texas teen named Ethan Couch who used "affluenza" (the fact that he has no sense of consequences from being spoiled so badly) as a successful court defense after he killed four people while drunk driving. These examples of wealthy people being pretentious and condescending might make you angry, but they'll also make you laugh—because good lord, these people are clueless like whoa.
1. "How disgusting that you give your 'rodent' its own barstool."
2. "Please keep your scary Sudanese refugee friends inside at all times, k, thx."
3. "Okay, but where is your Mercedes?"
4. "Hey, $5 was a lot of money like 70 years ago."
5. "Bedelia, I swear to God, will you please get all this nature crap under control already?"
6. Ah, an entire pack of snobby parents. That's a treat.
7. "You are not white, so you probably can't speak English. Let me help you by treating you like an absolute moron."
8."Oh, that's just a fence, what is that, couple thou? You probably have it on you in spare change right now, don't you?"
9. "We gave up common courtesy long ago, oh naïve nephew of mine."
10. "I'm sorry, lowly bagger, you do not exist in my world. Therefore, I cannot hear you or speak to you."
11. "Ugh, messy money, I don't want this in my wallet, get it away from me!"
12. "$200 to park? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me."
13. "Hello, I'd like to buy this car that's not for sale and then I'd like someone who is not a driving instructor to teach me to drive it, for free."
14. "I know I'm paying you next to nothing, but why can't you go out and buy a brand new phone so I'm never inconvenienced again?"
15. "What is the best way to brag needlessly about my education while putting other people down at the same time. Oh, wait—got it!"
16. "Honey, how can we make sure the waiter knows we're complete assholes?"