The internet in the 2010s can feel like one endless, hellish episode of I Love The '90s, but the decade wasn't only about (then-nostalgic) tie-dye and (then futuristic) Tamagotchis and tie-dyeing your Tamagotchis. A recent Reddit thread had people sharing all the things from the 90s they didn't miss, and that's not even including all the tragedies and disease. Here is the other side of whimsical 90s nostalgia (but it's still pretty whimsical).
1. Remember how crime never slept? Ksuwildkat does.
Car stereo theft. People don't even think about it now but back then you had to take a ton of precautions to not have your car stereo stolen.
2. Bhikkux has another musical complaint.
3. Iwkyawy just respects portability in general.
4. Impressive onomatopoeia from demonedge.
DGAA DUNN DNNNNDD Pshhhkkkkkkrrrrkakingkakingkakingtshchchchchchchchcchdingdingding
Edit: "Welcome to AoL"
5. Might have to Google what Milain is talking about here.
6. Ford_Perfect_lx didn't bother chatting.
7. Nithe1975 did the good work that prevented the apocalypse.
People freaking the fuck out over Y2K. I worked in for one of the biggest names in the brokerage industry in the early 1990's and we already had our shit tested and locked down by 1994 or so. New changes to that code base had to be tested against Y2K policies before going into production.
8. Bernath didn't love walkie-talkie phones?
9. Aw man, Beer_lady made it real.
Classic beer lady.