Closed captioning, the text version of the spoken part of television, is really helpful if you're deaf, hard of hearing, or in a really loud bar. But it's not so helpful when you have no idea what the hell the captions are trying to say. Turns out one misinterpreted word can change the entire meaning of a sentence for the worse, but thankfully, "worse" usually also means "hilarious." Here is a list of some of the most ridiculous breakdowns of communication in closed captioning.
1. Sounds more fun than a polar vortex.
2. Does he have a stutter?
A post shared by Cody Ray (@codyray) on
3. Those firefighters are heroes.
4. Can you still eat this if you're vegetarian?
A post shared by Erik Jonathan Shuler (@erikjshuler) on
5. Oh, so close.
A post shared by kthecrab (@kthecrab) on
6. Never before has building a table been so dirty.
7. Either it's someone's last day on the job, or it's about to be.
8. Three hours of it!?
9. And everyone thought she was so nice.
10. Some may argue that ducks would make more effective leaders.
A photo posted by Alex Dacĸevych (@alex_dack) on