Happy Tuesday, internet! How was your day? Getting excited for Thanksgiving? Same. Chances are you didn't get to catch up on the day's top internet stories. Maybe you were busy at work all day, or you were practicing self-care and refusing to look at social media. (And honestly, good for you. It's important to take breaks from this madness.) Whatever the reason, we can catch you up on what you missed. Here are seven things you should at least pretend to know today.
1. President Obama handed out Medals of Freedom today.
Ellen Degeneres, Lorne Michaels, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Hanks, and Diana Ross were among the recipients of the Medal of Freedom. And yes, they did the Mannequin Challenge.
2. A couple recreates famous movie scenes with their surprisingly patient cats.
Film buffs Dave and Sarah have an Instagram account called @moviecats where they regularly post photos of themselves recreating famous movie scenes with their cats. It's just as perfect (or should I say, "purrrrrfect?" I'll see myself out) as you might imagine.
3. Chrissy Teigen accidentally flashed her "hooha" on the AMA red carpet. She's sorry.
Teigen took to Instagram to apologize to "anyone harmed mentally or physically by my hooha."
4. Kanye West was hospitalized following his abrupt cancelation of his remaining tour dates.
His wife Kim Kardashian skipped what was supposed to be her first public appearance since being robbed at gunpoint in Paris, and support and well-wishes for Kanye from his fellow celebs poured in on social media.
5. Two best friends tried to reassure their families they're not gay by filming an extremely bromantic vacation video.
Travis Henning filmed his trip to Thailand with his BFF to prove to their families that they're not lovers. Henning edited the footage into a montage set to "Some Guys Have All The Luck" by Rod Stewart. Perfect song choice to declare your platonic love, if you ask me.
6. Tila Tequila had her Twitter account suspended for hate speech. Finally.
After years of spouting pro-Nazi sentiments on social media, the reality star's Twitter account was finally suspended on Sunday after she posted a terrifying photo of herself and others performing the Nazi salute at a white supremacist convention. Yes, that actually happened.
7. One mom "ruined" this girl's dog with her choice of haircut for him. The internet shared her pain.
It's one of the worst cases of dog shaving we've ever seen. Once you get over the horror, though, it's pretty cute. And we have to agree with the people saying he kind of looks like an early NSYNC-era Justin Timberlake.