Yale University just released a big ol' batch of 170,000 photos taken by the Farm Security Administration and Office of War Information between 1935 and 1945. The photos span the country from big cities to small towns, illustrating Americans at work, home, and play. Some people are taking this release of photos as an opportunity to remind us all of how badass our ancestors were, but we prefer to remind you of something different: that our ancestors liked getting sloppy on beer just as much as we do.
1. Just two normal people and Indiana Jones having a drink in Florida.
2. Pretty sure that the guy on the left is actually David Duchovny.
3. Aw, man. Can't believe we missed the Huck Shaffer show.
4. They're singing America's traditional drinking song, "Don't Stop Believin'."
5. Tim stood like that for 35 minutes before someone came up and punched him.
6. So many babies were conceived that night.
7. Hopefully, the things hanging from the ceiling are not lighting fixtures, but tiny beer kegs.
8. Well, this man is either drunk or possessed by a demon.
9. The stream is both nature's fridge and nature's toilet.
10. That kid in the back is SO convinced he's about to get his first beer.
11. "If you didn't want me to sit next to you, Hal, you could just say something."
12. In fact, Jerry's story was dead boring, and they were all just humoring him because they knew he was about to get fired.
13. "Let's toast to the wheat that feeds our families, and the hidden feelings we'll never discuss with them!"
14. Life story of the guy on the right: "First I was one year old. Then, a year later, I was two. A year after that, wouldn't you know... I was three!"