WARNING: this post is not for the faint of heart!!!!! Will 100% cause chills, goosebumps, and appetite loss. Yes, buddy, even you. So keep reading at your own risk.
A woman named Katie Stephens and her boyfriend recently returned from a vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, when they discovered an absolutely horrifying souvenir they didn't intend to bring home with them.
In a viral Facebook post, that will prevent most of us from ever walking on the beach again or enjoying our dinners tonight, they explained what went down:
To anybody travelling somewhere tropical, please be careful when in the sand and wear shoes! My boyfriend and I recently got back from Punta Cana to discover that we both have larva migrans, in other terms worms in our feet.
WORMS. IN. THEIR. FEET.
The post continues:
If your feet become incredibly itchy please get it checked out right away since we simply thought it was just bug bites and it became worse as each day passed. The resort we stayed at was IFA villas bavaro resort and spa. Also, this injury has nothing to do with coverage or travel insurance, I was back in my home country when I was first treated and don’t need travel coverage for what I have.
Also, to top it off health Canada denied our request to receive the medicine (ivermectin) we needed to treat our infection and were forced to get medicine from the states. Thank you Canada for your lovely health care you provide for us!
As if the idea of bugs living inside your feet isn't bad enough, Stephens shared some photos of her and her husband's horrifying ailment. And the photos are somehow EVEN WORSE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.
So, seriously, only scroll down if you have a very high threshold for gross shit. Because these images may haunt you forever; and once you see them, you cannot un-see them. Un-see is not even a word. Or is it?
I WARNED YOU.
Truly sorry I had to be the one to take you on this traumatizing journey. But adulthood sometimes means facing the horrible things in life: like the fact that something as great as going barefoot on the beach can lead to something as horrible as having worms move in to your feet and turn them into overcooked spam.