Unless you are trying to star in a romantic comedy, the last thing you want to do is wake up in a hospital without any idea why.
The only real upside to waking up in a hospital is that you actually woke up. That, and now you have something interesting to say at parties for the the rest of your life. Here's a collection of 14 people telling their story about how they went through the most confusing and terrifying few minutes of their lives, and didn't even have a new fiancée to show for it.
1. Nougat has a great example of why you should stay off the grass.
2. ekibnur teaches us how not to learn chemistry.
3. TorchTheRed knows exactly why you should always wear your seatbelt—and sit on a seat.
4. The only thing Ask-For-Free-Advice remembers about her experience is that she can no longer handle fake watermelon flavor.
5. How long after tatteredemalion woke up do you think everyone in her family started laughing at this great visual?
6. very_cool_stuff got a really rough Easter surprise.
Diabetic, went to sleep normally, woke up 2 days later in the hospital.
I got too low while sleeping that i passed out, fortunately the time i passed [out] was close to the time I'm supposed to wake up, my brother found me half dead and took me to the hospital.
8. wooddoug only remembered what happened once he realized he wasn't dead.
9. SSinscreed swam at a pool that had the necromancer as its lifeguard.
10. do_you_like_my_nuts is really lucky he woke up or he would have ended up with a really funny tombstone.
11. SneakIDPls has a story about "getting into a groove" during a heat stroke.
According to yrgrlfriday, this is really common: