If it's the latter, rejoice in the fact that you're not the only one feeling awkwardly unattached while your friends celebrate their togetherness. Here are the funniest instances of third wheeling that will make you feel better about the fact that you're alone.
1. The third wheel with the assist for the score.
2. Jack is true love.
3. Taking it literally.
4. A very sad photobomb.
5. Not even children are immune to the awkwardness.
6. Dogs feel the pain, too.
7. Everything's not awesome at the Lego Store.
8. Sometimes there's no escape.
9. Even furniture knows how you feel.
10. Sometimes you can look even more glamorous without a tongue down your throat.
11. Sometimes one of the wheels is inanimate.
12. Third-wheeling is a time-honored tradition.
13. Third wheeling, in sickness and in health.
14. Providing some much-needed back support.
15. A human backpack.
16. You're not alone if you have ice cream.
17. They should be focused on studying, anyway.
Third wheeling is painfully awkward, but there is hope: most kids have a three-wheeler before they learn how to ride a bicycle.