Someone may be just a small town girl, but that doesn't mean they live in a lonely world or feel the need to take a midnight train going anywhere.
People are discussing the charms of small-town life after a Reddit thread asked, "People who live in a rural area/out in the country, what will 'city folk' never understand?"
I may not understand, but I certainly enjoy.
1. "I don't have a leash for my dog, because where the f*ck is she gonna go?"
2. "When you hear a car door slam in the middle of the night, something is wrong."
3. "In the city, you ignore the sirens and listen for the gunshots. Out in the country you ignore the gunshots and listen for the sirens."
4. "How little politics affect your every day life when you aren't surrounded by people talking about it. If it weren't for social media (which I avoid 99% of the time) we'd have no idea what's going on out there.
Also, how quiet it is. I have city friends that love to come out just to listen to the quiet."
5. "'Watch out for deer' when saying goodbye is another way of telling someone you love them."
© Copyright 2021 Someecards, Inc