College kid gets trashed.
University of Manchester student Robert Niven had to be rescued by firemen after getting himself stuck inside a garbage can. The young Brit was on his way home from a "night out" (read: "getting shite-faced") when he noticed a garbage bin with its latch left open. So he did what a lot of college kids would consider the sensible thing to do after a "night out," and climbed inside to get a laugh out of his mates. His friends then realized it would be even funnier if one of them kicked the door shut. They were right, because when the door shut, the latch locked and Niven found himself in the kind of predicament that would normally involve an overly-curious bear cub.
After goofing on him and taking pictures for a solid half-hour in between failed attempts to get him out, they finally called the fire department, who sent a crew to set him free.
(by Jonathan Corbett)