In one of the best crowd-sourced nostalgia trips of all time, redditors of all ages shared the items, actions, and even words their schools had to ban. One thing quickly became clear: Pokémon has been screwing everything up for 20 years. You might think Pokémon Go is a big deal in 2016, but in 1999, Pokémon cards were every middle schooler's most consuming anxiety. At least kids these days don't get tricked into trading their cell phones.
1. SpeedyCarz66 reminds us all why camera phones are truly the worst.
2. Slinthetic shares how kids at his school turned "buckle" into a curse word.
3. Stay with this story from HearachetoHouston until the end, and it will make sense. So will the ban.
4. Egnards shares one that's so relatable to 90s kids, it's already being made into 15 different clickbait lists.
5. Ah yes, how easily blankets become a sex toy for hormonal teens. From MTGKaioshin:
6. Meds4you went to school in a Lewis Carroll young adult novel.
7. Aren't you glad you don't go to middle school anymore? From the grateful GratefulGengar: