Redditor TrumpetH4X wanted to do the whole customized graduation cap thing, but found themselves unable to be satisfied with mere pasted-on construction paper and lettering—so the soon-to-be Georgia Tech alum created a full 32x32 resolution LED grid that displayed rotating gifs. Writes TrumpetH4X:
Because why the hell not?
I had the idea to install a 32x32 LED matrix on the top of my mortarboard, with scrolling messages about my time at Georgia Tech. In between messages, I have my cap display a total of six different animated gifs.
• Georgia Tech's "Miracle on Techwood Drive" vs. FSU
• GT Band parading before a home football game
• The Georgia Tech Solar Racing Team's car on campus
• The 2014 Capital One Orange Bowl logo
• Waving GT flag
• "The Kick" by Harrison Butker against uga during 2014
It also reads "Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering," but that should have been obvious:
This is incredibly impressive, but it does raise the question as to whether they're aware colleges don't hand out extra credit at graduation. You can't show up with a regular GPA and then win a cum laude degree with your sweet hat.