Advertising

9-year-old Olivia Retter of Ware, England, bought a cheap iPhone case filled with liquid and glitter, which makes sense, because children are as likely as drunk adults to smash iPhones. Last week, she snuck her phone into her room at night and fell asleep on it. A crack in the case started leaking some of the mysterious liquid and Olivia woke up to feel a painful burning on her leg. Turns out, the chemicals in it are extremely dangerous and may leave Olivia with an iPhone-shaped scar for life. Her mom, Karly Retter, posted about it on Friday as a warning to others:

Sources: H/T Daily Mail