These stories from people who have rented out their home on AirBnB will make you very happy that the site exists—so that you can read these stories—but they may not convince you to take in strange guests. The Irish poet William Butler Yeats once said, "there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet." But if Yeats were alive in the time of AirBnB, he probably would have said, "Strangers are the devil, do not let them into your house."http://giphy.com/gifs/perfect-strangers-balki-bartokomous-larry-appleton-U85Gro5AbxARO
How many stories about AirBnB do we need to read before we realize that "friends you haven't met yet" are just people who want to host BBW sex fetish parties in your apartment? Here are 10 such tales of weirdness, woe, and sometimes joy from hosts and guests sharing their experiences with the mostly-legal hospitality site on reddit.
1. Let's start off gently with billythefly90, who had a surprisingly pleasant experience with a guest.
2. After that heartwarming tale, let's dive straight into WeDaNorth's absolutely batshit story.
3. Alphare housed a record-breaking shower-taker.
4. mrmdc tells a shocking case of a guest leaving the apartment in better condition than they found it.
5. LittlelLo shares the reason you should never deal only with a guest's parents.
7. seldomseen_kid had a bizarre connection with her guest.
8. sol_on_fire has a warning tale for everyone in an affair. http://giphy.com/gifs/yosub-birthday-26BRL7YrutHKsVtJK
9. Ryuksapple has a heartbreaking story of hosting unrequited love.
10. And finally, kinkakuji has a tale of love requited. Turns out, you can find love in a hopeless place.