Gender roles are not only stupid, but they could also be harmful. No, seriously, there are studies proving this to be the case! So if you're a big burly dude who enjoys getting his nails done and crying while watching Steel Magnolias, denying yourself those pleasures would be detrimental to your mental health. Surprise! Feelings aren't only for women!
21 men on Reddit shared the the stereotypically girly things they secretly love, and if you think you are the only guy who loves needlework, scented candles, and plushies...you are definitely not alone:
1. Silly, midnightranger_. Only women are allowed to enjoy good smelling things.
Things that smell good are great, candles, those wax melting things, fabric softener. I don't care, I love them.
Who wouldn't want their house to smell like spring, cinnamon, or woods, instead of dust?
Edit: I'm so glad so many of you agree with me. Fuck candles being a girly thing anymore
2. syriph2823 is an out-and-proud needle-felter.
Well its not a secret but Im really into needle felting. Its fun. I make little animals n stuff.
3. NoClueDad knows there is no rule saying all men need to have gross feet.
Mani and a pedi. Started going with my daughter so she didn't have to go alone. I always ask if she needs one so I can go with.
4. xcorinthiax rejects the notion of skincare being for women only.
Facemasks and moisturizing make me feel pretty.
5. mello-t knows you can maintain your masculinity and sit in a tub of water.
6. And BeatySwallocks isn't afraid to add some fizz, either.
I love a bath bomb too
7. No more hard blankets for ro_thunder.
Soft fuzzy blankets.
8. trungskiz can be manly and cuddle up to a stuffed animal all at the same time.
9. If it's pink, virileviking will drink it.
I have a knack for ordering pink drinks without knowing. Seriously, I can walk into any bar, look at a cocktail menu and pick any random cocktail that I don't know what it is. Guarantee it'll be pink, and everyone will be looking at the guy in the bar drinking a pink, umbrella-laden drink.
No fucks given, they're delicious.
10. drawkcabog knows the superior way to pee.
Sitting down to pee
11. No matter your gender, you are going to want to steal BnBGreg's impressive skincare routine.
I have a 15-step Korean skincare routine.
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to y'all. Since so many of you asked, here's my routine. As always, these are the products that work for me, but YMMV. When building up my routine, I added one product per week to make sure that if something made me breakout, I would be able to tell exactly what did it.
- Shower, washing my face (and body, but that's not relevant) with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap
- Wash my face with CeraVe hydrating cleanser.
- Secret Key starting treatment essence
- The Ordinary glycolic acid 7% toning solution (in the morning) / Stridex alcohol free maximum strength wipes (in the evening)
- Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner (Yes, I know that's misspelled. That's what it says on the bottle.)
- Aritaum Baby Face Mist
- Laneige Essential Power skin refiner
- Laneige water bank gel cream
- Laneige Essential Balancing emulsion
- Secret Key snail repairing emulsion
- Etude House Wonder Pore Essence
- Laneige water bank Essence_EX
- True Organic Pharmacy lip & eye cream
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors HA moisturizer
- True Organic Pharmacy antioxidant lip balm
My wife is the one who got me into taking better care of my skin, and I owe her for my newfound confidence in my face. I hope this helps!
12. piderman113 puts the 'man' in manicure.
I recently started filing my fingernails after cutting them. It’s amazing, no more snags going into my pocket or accidentally scratching myself.
13. pex413 shows that boys CAN (and should!) cry. Let it out, man.
A really good cry. I've been pretty emotional lately, just sad, and I'm not sure why. A mid-life crisis maybe. But a few weeks ago I broke down in my truck at work and started crying. Man, I felt so much better afterwards. I told my wife about it later when I got home and she hugged me and gave encouragement.
I felt ashamed at first, but now I approach with strength. The strength for me to realize that something is bothering me and my mind is trying to tell me to talk about it.
14. You are going to hear Kremidas roar.
15. On Wednesdays, sloodly_chicken wears pink.
Holy geez, Mean Girls
16. 753951321654987 watches makeup tutorials with his man eyes.
Makeup tutorials fascinate me even though i have no interest in makeup what so ever.
17. LobstaBoii likes cutesy cartoons AND lifting heavy things.
I’m a 6’2” 230 lb construction worker who does powerlifting on the weekends and have been arrested for bar fights in my past....
And I love cutesy wootsey anime shows. I seriously can’t stop. I’ll watch dragon maid and lucky star all fucking day if I’m alone. It’s my secret obsession
18. billegoat45 is not afraid to groom his brows.
I tweeze my eyebrows, some of my guy friends have said it's "gay as fuck" but women love it to be perfectly honest. Plus it's about the only time that i actually feel sort of attractive and that makes me happy.
Edit: My highest upvoted comment is about tweezing my eyebrows. I love Reddit, never change!
19. Pollable_Polls is a devotee to all things pumpkin spice.
I very much enjoy pumpkin spice stuff. Soap, food, lattes, cookies, cakes, coffee whitener, loaf, creamer, the works.
I also operate a pumpkin spice themed Instagram account. No shame, pumpkin spice is fucking awesome.
20. Porktastic is a regular sing-and-dance man.
Moulin Rouge opened my eyes and since then, I've been a fan. Heathers: The Musical, The Book of Mormon and the more recently popular Hamilton are all among my favorites right now.
21. EnergyPanther says...wait. Rude!
Asking my wife where/what she wants to eat and then complaining about every suggestion she has after telling her I don't care.