Someecards Logo
ADVERTISING
22 firefighters share the dumbest ways they've seen people accidentally start house fires.

22 firefighters share the dumbest ways they've seen people accidentally start house fires.

ADVERTISING

We don't deserve firefighters. Not only do they look good driving around in trucks and posing for calendars, they also put out fires and save lives. And many of those fires are caused by our own dumb and reckless behavior. We accidentally leave the oven on or knock over some overpriced candles, and then a bunch of buff guys and gals show up with a big hose to save our asses. HOW did humanity get this lucky?!

Someone asked firefighters of Reddit: "what's the dumbest way you've seen someone accidently start a house fire?" Here are 22 stories from firefighters about the dumbest ways people ever accidentally set fire to their own homes:

1.) From stupidlyugly:

The ole turkey fryer on the wood deck is always a favorite.

2.) From NarcanPusher:

Mid-eighties, near beginning of my career. Young lady finished putting flea spray on her pupper, when she noticed a tick embedded in it’s flank.

Ever hear of the tick removal technique in which you blow out a match and touch the hot tip to the tick, thereby causing it to back out of the dog? Yeah. Dog caught on fire.

Little fellow ran under the bed, which also caught fire. Lady grabbed the pup with spray-wet hands, and they too caught on fire.

Long story short, the house was a mess, but both the lady and the dog fortunately survived with moderate burns.

There was also the lady who tried to sanitize her panties in the microwave, but I was off that day.

Sources: Reddit
© Copyright 2021 Someecards, Inc

ADVERTISING
Featured Content