Rejection is tough for everybody—whether it's from a job, college, or prospective lover. When it comes to the game of love, a polite decline of a romantic proposition is difficult for many people to process. Some people can't help but making an uncomfortable situation more uncomfortable by begging, pleading, and throwing out defensive insults after the "no" has been issued. Whether on Tinder or text, some people just can't handle rejection, issuing appeals like:
Behold, the Rejection Hall of Shame.
1. "Sorry it's hard for me to believe someone not being interested in me lol."
2. "Just celebrating my startup being funded with 500k."
3. "Bra strap, something."
4. "Congrats you passed"
5. "I didn't even send u a message, someone hacked my account."
Someone hacked his account while his dog was eating his homework.
6. "Can you pay me back for your coffee?"
7. "Me, I'm a nice guy."
8. This analog method.
When the aforementioned Mollie blocked this guy on Tinder, he printed a message for her and taped it onto a pole in her radius:
hey this is that guy from tinder you talked to about books and where you want to go to school and the desert. i think you blocked me, but i'm still compelled to reach out to you. i've never done this before, i'm not crazy, but i really want to talk to you, so i'm reaching out. email me at [email address] which i just made cause no way am i putting any of my actual information up here. hope to hear from you.
He explicitly said "I'm not crazy," so it must be true.
9. "Did you come to this conclusion before or after I payed for dinner?"
10. "I ain't desperate."
11. "I also don't like girls who can't hold in their burps which validates why you're fat."
Not sure that's how science works. Good one, but not really.