The SXSW festival brought an influx of people to Austin this year, including Amanda from Chicago, with whom Redditor h_smith matched on Tinder. H_smith, whose real name is Hunter, was so excited to right-swipe Amanda he failed to realize she didn't live in Austin like him and was bound to return home shortly. Unwilling to let their love fade into the abyss of forgotten Tinder conversations, Hunter made a last ditch attempt to keep their romance going through PowerPoint. It's a truly modern romance.
Prior to emailing her the PowerPoint, Hunter tried to persuade Amanda into staying in Austin via Tinder.
When Hunter said he was going to make Amanda a PowerPoint, he delivered with a whole 10 slides.
LEAVING AUSTIN?! WTF
PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT POWERPOINT YOU'LL EVER READ.
"I went to Austin once, came back to Chicago and just hated life."
-You, later today if you get on that flight.
It's not pretty to read is it? Hell, it hurt to type that. I don't want you depressed, no one does.
Ok, maybe an immature ex or whatever does, but this isn't about him is it?
DID YOU KNOW...
- Approximately 50% of Chicago's population is considering moving here?
- This increase is basically due to me moving here in January.
- I'm basically the perfect gentleman.
- I'm an intriguing mix of comedian, slight immaturity, amazing cooking skills, and meme/pop culture references that basically makes me unforgettable.
- You swiped right for a reason.
"BUT HUNTER, WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?"
- I went over some of that in the previous slide, pay attention.
- You basically get to have the best date of your life.
- I could end up touching your butt.
- ^Seriously, this can't be stated enough^
DID I MENTION I TOOK IN A CAT A LITTLE BIT BEFORE I MOVED TO AUSTIN?
HER NAME IS DALLAS AND I LOVE HER.
OH BUT I'M ALSO A DOG PERSON.
I'M NOT AFRAID TO OPEN UP MY WALLET
I have a Netflix account
- Best friend since Pre K
- Is one of my roommates
- Other best friend since Kindergarten
- Is my other roommate.
IF THIS ISN'T A TOTAL CASABLANCA MOMENT
Then I don't know what is.
This could be us IRL in an hour.
IF YOU LEAVE, MY CAT WILL GO INTO A SEVERE STATE OF DEPRESSION.
"You know what... This has been life-changing. What is your phone number?!"
-Your mind right now
I'll be happy to give it to you.
Amanda was touched by Hunter's work, and actually sent him a text with a proposal of her own.
The story ends with both Amanda and Hunter staying in their respective cities which is a bit of a letdown. They're still talking though, so maybe a visit is in the works for one of them. Or neither of them. That's likely, too.