Women always get a bad rap for being the more complicated gender, but men are mysterious too. Despite all their claims of simplicity, there are still many men who feel misunderstood. As it turns out, in every man lurks a tiny little Drake.
In the bastion of answers that is AskReddit, men unburdened their quiet souls and listed all the things they think grown women should already understand about them. But some of these seem pretty obvious.
1. "If I tell you something in confidence, it's really not ok for you to tell your best friends. And it goes both ways." - ShouldBeWorkingLuke
Really? Dammit. (This doesn't count if you can really trust your best friend, amirite?)
2. "Just because we can't get an erection at a given moment, that doesn't mean we're not into you or that we don't want to have sex. It's not that simple." - washington_breadstix
Yeah, chill out ladies, there are lots of things that can cause boner fails. Maybe it's not that he didn't find you attractive, it's just that he didn't find you AS attractive as he just found those last four shots of whiskey or lines of cocaine.
3. "The older we get, the less time we're willing to spend "chasing" you. Either commit or tell me you're not interested. I'm 30. Dating at this age consists of 'Are we doing this or not? I got shit to do.'" - TooBadFucker
Fair. No more time wasting, you gotta date 'em to hate 'em.
4. "If you bring us problems we will offer solutions. That is our way of showing that we have listened and that we care." - vipros42
Yeah, we know that one. And in the immortal words of Rosie Perez from White Men Can't Jump, "When I said I was thirsty, it doesn't mean I want you to bring me a glass of water."
5. "Most of us don't get subtle hints, if you want is [sic] to do something just come out and say it!" - patthetree
This one is such a cliche, even some guys who don't want to believe it's true are starting to believe it's true. As MrMiketheEngineer responded, "I never used to believe that I was a part of this stereotype until I mentioned it to my girlfriend a few months ago... she started listing off the things I've missed over the years and it blew my mind. All the subtle hints that went straight over my head was mind boggling and some of them weren't even that subtle."
6. "Nothing is the matter, holy shit." - anonoman925
That is, of course, until we ask what the matter is fifty times. Then THAT'S the matter.
7. "Guys like getting compliments about their appearance too, even just minor ones feel nice." - -eDgAR-
Great, how about this one: "You are so good at giving me compliments, babe."
8. "We pretend not to notice how fake your compliments sound. 'Omg, i love your shirt!' 'You are soooo. Funny!'" - Rufiodies
You want compliments or NOT????
9. "We are as insecure about ourselves as you are about yourselves." - Zetirix
Yeah, really starting to get that. We think you're great that's why we are with you, ok?
10. "Your butt looks big in those jeans, and we fuckin love it" - JawniRock
Fine. But don't say that. Just say we look good.
11. "Most of us enjoying peeing outside against something" - svartbaard
OK, but is that something we SHOULD know, or just some weird dude trivia?
12. "Sometimes we want to be the little spoon." - vagarp
Awww. You got it.
13. "When we're spreading our legs, it's most likely because our balls are uncomfortable." - inthelittleforest
BONUS FACT: "No man is the same. Just like no woman is the same. Any generalization you see on this thread has plenty of exceptions." - Ingenium21
Of course! We totally get that because we are so different from all the other women.