When you love a twin, all sorts of weird and fascinating things can happen. Sometimes your significant other's other gets pregnant at the exact same time as yours. Sometimes they show up to Thanksgiving in the exact same clothes. Read all about that, here.
But here's what we're all really wondering—don't deny it, you're wondering—how do you deal with your attraction to the person who looks exactly like your boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband?
Luckily for us, twins love Reddit, and they recently answered all your sexy questions about nature's genetic coincidence.
1. BigOldDoggie uses technology to help his mindset.
My wife's identical twin sister is the most annoying person ever. Funny, after identical twin my iPhone suggested the rest of the sentence.
2. The solution is hatred, according to Loveinanelevator131 (and many others).
3. Well, PuddinTater has a simple solution if you don't believe in "no give-backsies."
4. RebelScvm has given in to fantasy, and you can't stop them.
I actually dated an identical triplet. Thankfully they all had very different styles and kept different hair colors, so I never got my girlfriend confused with her 2 sisters. I'd be a liar if I said the thought of a foursome with 3 different variations of my girlfriend never crossed my mind.
5. WhoaMilkerson's S.O. sure didn't make it easy.
6. Metalmtgnut got some familial help to end the temptation.
It's not as confusing or tempting as anyone may think. They look the same ( my parents still mix them up after 10 years) but different personalities. Fun fact, my brother ended up with her twin anyways!
7. This guy uses careful study and puns to conquer all.
My girlfriend has an identical twin sister. She's Indian. I'm white. Both of them have jet black hair, perfect white teeth, same skin tone, same figure, same height, everything. Her twin is dating my best friend who has similar features to me, weird enough. They're both gorgeous, but I'm not attracted to her like I am to my girlfriend. Finding the differences when I first met them was embarrassingly difficult, but now I can tell from all angles. Never had any mishaps or confusion of who is who while we were dating.
And yes, we affectionately call them the Twindians.
8. Some, like Cheffy325's first kiss, decide not to worry about it and let the twins sort it out.
9. And shadowfax says it isn't a problem until it definitely, definitely is. Do tell.
Dated a twin once. After the initial month or so you honestly forget about it. In terms of personality they were both totally different, in terms of naked bodies, not different at all.
TL;DR: Tried to get into the shower with my (ex) girlfriends twin sister.
How long did this guy hang out in the shower?