I find following professional nail artists on Instagram to be a creative, inspiring way to feel horrible about myself. These looks are so beautiful, so intricate, so complex... Am I even doing anything? Here are 8 impressive manicures that make me wonder if I'm an interesting person.
1. These nails are so cool. Be honest: do you think they're cooler than me?
2. This "Star Wars" look took the nail artist less than four hours. I don't know if I'm doing enough with my time.
3. These nails double as an adaptation of a beloved book. Good for them.
4. If my nails don't have a theme, am I sloppy?
5. If my nails don't look like a cartoon food, am I doing a good job being a woman?
6. This reminds me, I should get back to journaling. Every morning. I could get up 20 minutes earlier and just write three pages, like what "The Artist's Way" says to do. Or I don't know, maybe that's unrealistic.
7. I want to be able to express my feelings the way these emoji nails do. But it can be hard.
8. It's been five years since I graduated. What do I have to show for it?