Advertising

Report gas leaks, people.

A house in New Jersey was slowly filling with gas from an underground main. Then, a flame from a pilot light or spark from a thermostat sent the whole thing up into tinder. Even from a semi-distant dash cam perspective, it's pretty shocking to see the blast shake the whole street. 15 people were injured in this insane explosion, one of whom is still in critical condition.

The gas leak WAS reported, according to ABC News, and residents on the block had been told to evacuate by emergency workers due to the strong gas smell in the area. A lot of people didn't, because no one ever does as they're told. The anti-authoritarian impulse is strong, but if it's related to fire, rising water or predator attacks, do what Mr. Fireman says. Better to be slightly inconvenienced than in pieces.

Sources: Gawker