Advertising

They're not doing it intentionally (their older siblings are), but apparently alcohol poisoning among young children is a growing and really gross-sounding problem.

Usually, the taste of alcoholic drinks is enough to keep kids away until they're old enough to start thinking it's cool (seriously, do you remember what beer tasted like the first time? I do, and the only thing worse was coffee). But what happens when you take hand sanitizer that's almost pure alcohol, color it pink and make it smell like bubblegum? Kids eat it, that's what. That's what's happened to six-year-old Nhaijah Russell, who ended up in the emergency room slurring her words and unable to walk due to alcohol poisoning after only ingesting "three or four" squirts of the stuff.

Sources: CNN