Kids can be emotionally brutal, and for the most part, it's neither their fault nor intentional. Childhood development involves plenty of varying phases that feature lowered inhibitions, feelings of overstimulation, and eventually - a flurry of teenage hormones.
So, it makes complete sense that raising kids can sometimes feel like an emotional minefield for a sensitive parent.
When the Reddit user beardlesshipster asked parents to share times their kids unintentionally hurt their feelings, an ocean full of stories poured into the thread. While some of these anecdotes feel fairly textbook toddler, most of them are straight up savage. Let's be honest, all of them mange to sting.
1. TFW your kids are the biggest body-shamers.
2. TFW they don't appreciate your cooking journey.
3. TFW they sentence you to death.
4. TFW camp takes precedent over your parents.
5. TFW they prefer one parent's reading voice.
6. TFW they'd rather do Halloween alone.
7. TFW their tantrums cut too deep.
8. TFW even Kid Rock knows the struggle.
9. TFW they're cold-blooded about loss.
10. TFW they come for your passion.
11. TFW they don't want your comfort.
12. TFW they hit puberty.
13. TFW they come for your musk.
14. TFW they forget all you've done for them.