Strangers in the night, exchanging glances. Wondering in the night, what were the chances?! Sorry, I got a little carried away there, because there's something both mundane and romantic about forming a lasting memory with a complete stranger.
First, you lock eyes across the bus, and before you know it you've fallen in love with the concept of this stranger forever.
Many of the most memorable run-ins with strangers happen when we're either at our absolute best or absolute worst. Chances are, when you're openly weeping on the sidewalk, strangers will notice and a kind soul may come through. Conversely, when you're buying shots for the whole bar it's hard to not make a memory or two with a stranger.
When the Reddit user JoeChump enlisted the internet to share their wildest and most meaningful memories with strangers, the thread quickly flooded with stories.
Here are 11 stories of strangers who managed to make lasting bonds amidst the endlessness of the abyss.
1. The cutie with the crane.
2. The kind stranger in the bathroom.
3. This intense friendship forged in the Philippines.
4. This night angel with pineapples.
5. This bus stop buddy.
6. This woman living in the moment.
7. This connection through Latin.
8. This heartwarming meal on the bus.
9. This little girl and her good luck puppy.
10. This old man revisiting his home.
11. These strangers with the same car.