I firmly believe that all teachers in our fine country deserve a raise. Teachers are not only saddled with the huge responsibility of simultaneously educating a room of kids with different needs, but in many school, they're expected to act as bouncers and disciplinarians for kids prone to violence.
Oftentimes when teachers are expected to break up fights, they've been given no official deescalation training. So, as you can imagine, this makes the task of breaking up violent outbursts notably dangerous for the teacher.
When the Reddit user Galaga Marine asked teachers to share the worst fights they've seen in their careers, the wildest stories came rolling in.
Here are 17 of the craziest fights these teachers had to break up, in no particular order.
1. When a pencil sets off violence.
2. TFW your fight has the most festive setting.
3. TFW adult students are the biggest offenders.
4. A tale of love lost, and being outed from the closet.
5. Sometimes you gotta hug it out.
6. TFW your fight is inspired by Saturday morning cartoons.
7. When in doubt, get creative with your weapons.
8. When utensils get violent.
9. Nobody messes with grandma.
10. The scary origin story of an incel.
11. When your enemies don't care about your pregnancy.
12. TFW you realize you're in over your head.
13. TFW the whole school gets in on the fight.
14. When you try to deck a security guard.
15. TFW you just wanna learn.
16. When adult students stay petty.
17. When it turns into a full fledged riot.