Little Marco Rubio sat in a giant chair, and someone posted a picture of it, and the Internet saw it, and they photoshopped it—because that's what the Internet does. To be fair, the photo was taken by Elizabeth Frantz for the Concord Monitor in August during a New Hampshire campaign stop, but what about this election has been fair?
The Detroit GOP debate on Thursday was so wild, what with the dick talk and Ted Cruz's booger-eating, that you may be forgiven for forgetting the part where Donald Trump called Sen. Marco Rubio "Little Marco," and Rubio, bless his heart, shot back with "OK, Big Donald." Things are not going well for democracy right now, but they are going great for bizarre web content. Here are 12 of the best unfair-but-hilarious exploitations of this innocent picture.
1. Before we get to the Photoshops, Bloomberg Politics writer Matt Negrin hits the nail on the head on Twitter.
2. Redditor gizmole wasted no time getting to what everyone wanted to see: Big Donald and Little Marco.
3. In a more positive light, a redditor whom Rubio and Trump are courting for endorsement, /u/horse_sized_dick, makes Rubio part of a (Matrix) Revolution(s) in a way Bernie could never achieve.
4. /u/dystopika lived up to their name with this topical Thunderdome dystopia where Cruz and Rubio finally team up to fight Trump.
6. Here's a deep cut from /u/LucasLeArtist for people who can remember all the way back to 2012 and remember that Rubio is currently flattered/criticized as "the GOP's Obama."
7. /u/billharrell imagines a much friendlier relationship between Little Marco and Big Donald.
8. Whereas redditor locoavocado thinks everyone is just Trump's plaything.
9. Finally (warning: NSFW) user manicatorman decided to get back to the original controversy—which was Marco Rubio accusing Donald Trump of being unendowed. Show him the receipts!