Advertising

On Wednesday night, in his first interview from the White House, Donald Trump told David Muir of ABC, in no uncertain terms, that Mexico would pay for the wall the president plans to build between them and the U.S. However, Vicente Fox, Mexico's former president and President Donald Trump's current troll, said Wednesday on TV ​that "Mexico will never pay for that fucking wall," adding that the wall is "stupid" and a "waste[of] taxpayers' money."

Advertising

Fox has said before that Mexico would not pay for Trump's wall, tweeting on January 6, "Trump may ask whoever he wants, but still neither myself nor Mexico are going to pay for his racist monument. Another promise he can't keep."

In an interview with Anderson Cooper, Fox said,

I have said, and I have told Donald, that Mexico will never pay for that fucking wall, and now I have to repeat it to this guy Sean Spicer, which is going exactly the same line. He again repeated this morning that Mexico's going to pay, they better understand that we are not paying for that wall. That U.S. taxpayers will pay for that wall, and it is a wall that is a waste, it serves no purpose on the objectives [inaudible] for that.

Advertising

When asked by Cooper, "Why isn't a wall acceptable?" Fox answered,

It's stupid, it doesn't work. There is already a wall. It's at least covering 70 percent of the border line, a wall, big wall. The remaining 30 percent is desert, is places that there's no people there. Why is he going to waste taxpayers' money in this stupid wall? It's just a waste of money.

Well, that's a pretty clear answer.

Advertising

On Thursday, Enrique Peña Nieto, the current president of Mexico, canceled a meeting with Trump in Washington, according to The Hill. Trump, however, apparently said that the two men "agreed" to skip the planned get together.

Trump told a group of Republicans at the GOP's annual retreat in Philadelphia, “Unless Mexico is going to treat the United States fairly, with respect, such a meeting would be fruitless. And I want to go a different route. We have no choice.”

http://i.giphy.com/11DwE77cB1cP2E.gif
Sources: h/t Perez Hilton