Every four years the major political parties nominate their presidential candidate at a national convention. It's an opportunity for party members to debate, unite, and unleash thousands of balloons.
This year's Republican National Convention is in Cleveland. After a a highly competitive primary, the GOP will be nominating Donald Trump for president, and Indiana Governor Mike Pence as his Vice President.
Here's everything you need to know about the 2016 Republican National Convention:
1. Cleveland, Ohio. The city has a population of 396,815.
2. Cleveland is the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
3. The convention will be held at the Quicken Loans Arena.
4. 50,000 people will be flooding Cleveland for the convention. 4,770 of them will be delegates. 15,000 will be media.
5. 11,310 protestors with permits will be outside the convention.
6. Cleveland's police department have ordered 10,000 extra sets of plastic handcuffs.
7. 5,500 law enforcement officers will be responsible for convention security. This is a mix of local and federal agents.
8. This is the 41st Republican Convention. The first convention was held in Philadelphia in 1854.
9. This is the fourth time the GOP has held one of their conventions in Ohio.
10. The themes for each of the four day conventions are:
- Monday: Make America Safe Again
- Tuesday: Make America Work Again
- Wednesday: Make America First Again
- Thursday: Make America One Again
11. Scott Baio, Antonio Sabato, Jr., and Melanie Trump will speak, along with Republican heavyweights like Newt Gingrich, Chris Christie, and Ben Carson.
12. On Thursday night, the final night, Donald Trump will step up to the podium and formally accept the Republican party's presidential nomination. 120,000 to 125,000 balloons will be dropped to mark the occasion.
13. Everything is going to be okay.