Aldi responded requesting a DM from the shocked shopper, but Mashable asked them for a few more details.
"Incidents such as this are very rare," they said, "but naturally can occur on fresh produce items. We have spoken to Ms. Todd to apologise and are establishing the background to her claims."
For her part, Todd told Mashable that at first she "thought it was a slug."
"My first thought was poor little thing!"
This is by no means the first time a little creature's been found in some arguably too-fresh produce. But lest your heart continue to break, sometimes they actually survive the experience.