Sometimes you see terrible things on Facebook, you can't just keep them to yourself. So when a woman saw this post from a monstrous couple about their ruthless tipping policy, she had to share it on Twitter so her horror could be everyone's horror.
So I took the wife out to dinner last night, and we have always talked about doing this. You put five singles out on the table for the waiter/waitress to see. (Don't say anything to them) if they mess up, you take a dollar away. At the end of dinner, however much is left is their tip.
Ewww. There are so many things wrong with this and Twitter was quick to point them out.
1. Your tip doesn't just go to your waiter: It also goes to the host, busboy, bartender, and whoever else was helping out behind the scenes.
2. Even if the server was amazing, a $5 tip would probably still be way too low for dinner for two.
3. He calls his wife "the wife."
4. It's so wrong people worried no one would believe it.
5. It's so wrong people felt the need to find the couple and seek revenge.
Just terrible. And haven't we heard this before? Isn't there a plot from Seinfeld when George does this with a $10 roll of quarters? And even in the fictional world of Seinfeld, George starts with $10, not $5. And that was in the '90s!
Of all the Twitter outrage, this guy sums it up best: