5-year-old girl forgot she stuck a safety pin up her nose for six months. The results were disgusting.

5-year-old girl forgot she stuck a safety pin up her nose for six months. The results were disgusting.
Advertising

Kids stick things up their noses quite frequently, and usually they don't get that far with whatever they shove up their noses. That was not the case for California resident Khloe Russell, BuzzFeed reported. The five-year-old somehow managed to jam a safety pin—which her mother told ABC7 was bigger than her nose—up a nostril. There it stayed for six months.

The incident occurred when young Khloe was using safety pins to make a castle. The pin, which she forgot about, left Khloe with absolutely disgusting snot streaming from one nostril for six months. "Green, green, green constantly and it stunk," her mom, Katelyn Powell, said.

5-year-old girl forgot she stuck a safety pin up her nose for six months. The results were disgusting.
The mystery of why Khloe was building a castle with safety pins remains unexplained.

Powell took her daughter to multiple doctors who prescribed antibiotics for a sinus infection because the pin was not visible when they looked up her nostril. When that didn't help—because it was a goddamn safety pin causing the snot—Powell even took her daughter to the dentist in case the issue was related to her teeth.

5-year-old girl forgot she stuck a safety pin up her nose for six months. The results were disgusting.
The pin measured an impressive 1.5 inches long.
Advertising

Finally, Powell's brother told his niece, "Your nose, it's disgusting. Blow your nose, blow your nose." With those words, Khloe blew and out came the safety pin.

5-year-old girl forgot she stuck a safety pin up her nose for six months. The results were disgusting.
The safety pin was disintegrating because it didn't want to be up there either.

Powell's mom was revolted and confused. She only understood once the bashful Khloe admitted that she had indeed put the safety pin in her nose, and had forgotten to tell her mother.

5-year-old girl forgot she stuck a safety pin up her nose for six months. The results were disgusting.
That face shows more pride than embarrassment.
Advertising

Khloe, whose symptom of repellant snot has disappeared, has no intention of repeating the stunt. Probably for the best.

Advertising