We live in a man-made world, but humans make mistakes. Big mistakes. Glaring mistakes. Good design, the saying goes, is invisible. These errors in rooms, signs, products and more, however, are so eye-twitchingly obvious, it's a mystery how these 28 abominations made it into the real world:
1. At this bank, you're expected to drop to your knees and beg for your money.
2. For when you need your kid to develop a crippling fear of shooting anything but perfect swishes.
3. "Welcome to Hell, here's the restroom."
4. Maybe this is designed to save water by making the sink unusable.
6. This has to be on purpose, right? They carved the "stones" into concrete...they were literally given a blank canvas. Ok, deep breaths.
7. This step that's slightly taller than the rest.
8. You may not enter.
9. The worst bathroom in America award goes to: The University of Central Florida Math Sciences men's room.
10. It looks so surprised someone would try to use it.
11. We'd make fun of whoever wrote this terrible sign in person, but they know karate.
12. Nothing better than burning hot kitchen appliances that keep you on your toes!
13. This wrong-facing traffic light apparently exists just to remind whoever lives in this house that they will never go anywhere.
14. Sorry for any triggering memories, everyone who's tried to alter the volume while watching a video on a phone:
15. This is a biology textbook designed to teach evolution by showing how humans and horses have bone groups that once were the same. We want to make sure you know that, because that is NOT what it looks like.
16. Some of these things are honest mistakes. The person who wrote this list of screen sizes is a bona fide sadist.
17. How to make sure a homeowner will accidentally press the "Home Emergency" button every time it gets cold.
18. There was a small tear in the screen. Now everyone has to move out.
19. There is a lot of rage stemming from this off-center glass.
20. [Cue horror movie music]
21. Exhibit A in the defense for a driving-while-medicated trial will be the colors on this box vs. the colors on these pills:
22. From our normally smarter friends over at BuzzFeed:
23. This isn't technically a "design" issue, but when you're writing a guide to effective writing, putting a typo in the first line is like putting the front door on the second floor of a house.
24. People often joke about things making Jesus weep, but seriously, the guy was a carpenter and He cannot be happy.
25. You've probably never even thought about how "U" and "A" can be backwards. Now you will.
26. Most people don't think of chicken salad sandwiches as having design. That is, until you find one that's designed to screw you out of money.
27. Hopefully, this small business did this all on their own, because otherwise, some web designer owes them a really big refund.
28. We saved the best/worst for last.