20-year-old guy shares scary story of how bad ecstasy permanently messed up his body.

20-year-old guy shares scary story of how bad ecstasy permanently messed up his body.
Advertising

Jordy Hurdes is a 20-year-old Australian guy who went partying like 20-year-olds do. He took an ecstasy pill, but instead of finding joyous release on the dance floor with a handful of glow sticks, he ended up in the hospital and came very close to dying. Whatever was in that pill, it brought no ecstasy. On Saturday, he posted a status update about the experience, with pictures of himself in his recovery bed. His message went unexpectedly viral, because of its classic simplicity: Don't Do Drugs.

 

So as some of you may have seen I have been in hospital for the past few days. This isn't a sympathy post, but a post of...

Posted by Jordy Hurdes on Saturday, November 21, 2015

It reads:

So as some of you may have seen I have been in hospital for the past few days. This isn't a sympathy post, but a post of awareness. Going out and having fun is all good and well. And taking party drugs (pills, pingas, googs) seems like a fun option and you don't think anything life changing could happen to you. I myself am lucky to be alive now, I now have the possibility of a permanent stutter and twitch due to nerve or brain damage. Please please please don't take the "cheaper fun" option, because you never know if it could happened to you. If I can get this into at least a couple of people's heads then I could have saved someone's life. 
I would also like to thank my amazing gorgeous friends for all the gifts and support to not only my self but my family, and for coming to visit me today and make the most of it. I love you all. 
Feel free to share this post as I want as many people to see how a simple party drug can change someone's life.

Advertising

After the post went viral, Jordy shared a video update that shows just how badly he's been messed up by sh*tty chemicals. It's painful to watch him struggling with words and his body's spasms.

 

Thank you so much for the love and support from everyone. I honestly can not believe how much the post has gone viral. Please share this video. The more that can see this. The more lives can be saved

Posted by Jordy Hurdes on Sunday, November 22, 2015
Advertising

He says:

The party scene’s pretty big these days in Australia, and so is Ecstasy. Look guys, this isn’t for sympathy or anything, this is for awareness. It’s played a huge part in my life and affected a lot of people in my family as well as my friends. Doctors can’t believe I’m still alive, so I’m grateful I’m still here. It’s a waiting game at the moment to see whether I’ll have permanent jerking like I do now, and with my stutter I’m not sure it will get better any time soon. But just, please guys, don’t get sucked in. It all seems like fun and games and a cheap $25 pill – but it’s not worth it. if I have to live like this it's going to be a struggle for the rest of my life. 

Say no to drugs – do it for me. Please, guys. I just want to thank everyone for all the support and all the messages. Sorry I haven’t been able to respond to all of them, I've been trying but I’m just so exhausted from muscle spasms. Please, guys, just don’t do it. Love all of you.

Advertising

Ridiculous Australian names for ecstasy pills aside, Jordy's condition is very serious and his advice is wise. Drugs can be fun, drugs can be terrible, but most of all drugs can be incompetently made in someone's toilet.

Advertising