Nothing more frustrating than knowing you're right but having to wait to prove it. Hopefully, you won't die before you can taste the sweet sweet victory of rightness, but here are a bunch of stories about people great and small who were vindicated in time, as shared by the crowdsourced experts on reddit. Let us all be witnesses to their rightness.
1. attacktheradical explains how Hemingway couldn't get the truth shocked out of him.
2. reptilesni reveals how a wise politician named Duff refused to ditch his ditch.
3. bitnotno laments the story of the man who could have saved people millions if the SEC had only listened.
Harry Markopolos who figured out the Madoff Ponzi scheme and delivered it fully documented to the SEC. This was years before the scheme fell apart in 2008. There's book called "No One Would Listen". Also made into a movie.
4. _ShakashuriBlowdown has this inspiring story about Rick Rescorla, who saved thousands of people's lives on 9/11.
5. Earguy explains how this Nobel Prize winner was so sure he was right, he gambled his own life.
6. Goatzart brings up the scientist who had divisive ideas about continental drift.
7. NSA_Chatbot lost his own job for being right.
8. No_Disputin_Rasputin brings up the man who blew Lance Armstrong's whistle
9. FatFreddysCat reminds us about the guy who could have prevented the Challenger explosion.
RuleNine comes through with additional info.
Altus_Castus proves hat even though McDonald was right, it will never be right.
He gives a lecture each year to the engineering students at my university about the o-rings. It's pretty obvious that it still eats away at him.