Ryan Lochte, former lovable oaf, got significantly less lovable when he seemingly pissed all over a gas station in Brazil and tried to cover it up by saying he was robbed by police at gunpoint. Oh and he later managed to get out of the country while three of his friends were detained and questioned. What a cool guy!
This drama now has the notorious moniker "Lochtegate," and will inevitably be adapted to film, perhaps with the starring role played by another notable space cadet named Matthew McConaughey:
After a deep dive into Ryan Lochte's Twitter, here are 17 tweets that suggest he had this mischievous criminal streak all along (this also an excuse to scan his history of hunky dumbness).
1. He has a history of wreaking havoc on foreign countries.
2. He knew timing was everything when it came to getting out of Brazil.
3. You could tell that he's a little bit selfish when his Fourth of July post was just a picture of him and had nothing to do with America at all.
4. He was never one for precision.
5. He looks forward to causing mischief.
6. He's lost track of the whereabouts of his wallet before.
7. How To Train Your Dragon 2 made him fearless.
8. He's rehearsed his confused face for when he gets called out.
9. He has a history of running out of words.
10. He's a big kid at heart, and as the Olympics committee said, it's just "kids being kids."
11. He knows that sometimes people are a joke, even if sometimes those people are him.
12. He clearly keeps suspicious company.
13. He knows what it means to sniff out BS.
14. He knows that details are important, but he and his teammates were obviously too drunk to keep their stories straight.
15. He's not afraid to be un-serious.
16. He can't be controlled.
17. He's been known to pee in places he shouldn't (this one was RT'ed by the LochMess Monster himself).