A woman farted during surgery and caught fire, so that's another thing to be totally afraid of.

A woman farted during surgery and caught fire, so that's another thing to be totally afraid of.
Advertising

A woman in Tokyo is seriously burnt after her fart caught fire during a surgical procedure, in case you needed a new worst place to cut the cheese.

http://giphy.com/gifs/i-dont-know-7-shaking-head-GlVI4emdBM9d6

According to Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun, a woman was undergoing an operation on her cervix at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku Ward last April when she ripped one. A surgical laser created enough heat to ignite the fart and caused a fire that burnt a lot of her body, including her waist and legs.

When the patient's intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.

http://giphy.com/gifs/fire-link-fart-13xr0bMEe7Y8Fy

Doubt it was the butt dust? A committee of external experts who examined the case have stated that no flammable materials were in the operation room during the surgery and all the operation equipment was functioning normally.

It was definitely the fart

Advertising