The 24-year-old bought two dresses from a Zara in Greenwich, Connecticut back in July. Then, two weeks later "while at work, she started to notice a disturbingly pungent odor," reads a lawsuit Feisel has filed against the company. "As the day went on, Ms. Fiesel started to notice what felt like a loose string from her dress rubbing against her leg...without giving it much thought she reached down with her hand to try and locate the piece of string that was rubbing against her."
As you've probably guessed, it wasn't a piece of string. And not an itchy tag. Not a rogue safety pin either. Nope.
"To her utter shock and disbelief, as she ran her hand over the hem of the dress she felt an unusual bulge and suddenly realized that it was not a string that was rubbing against her leg but was instead a leg rubbing against her leg," reads the lawsuit, which I wish I wrote. "The leg of a dead rodent, that is."
According to the court filing, Cailey Fiesel "jumped out of her chair in shock," and was "paralyzed with fear," then "after removing the dress she found that a dead rodent was sewn into the hem."
This is the point in the story where most of us would throw the dress out the window, exit the building in our underwear and flee society, never to return.
But Fiesel, being the kind of person who is together enough to shop at Zara, took several photos of the dead mouse (pics below, scroll if you dare) and filed a lawsuit against the company for emotional distress caused by the incident, as well as large rash that was attributed to "rodent-born disease."
Not all heroes wear capes. But those that do better check the hems if they bought the cape at Zara.
Rest in fashion, little mouse.