If you ever wondered what people are being taught in their high school health classes nowadays, one thing is for sure—not anything about female anatomy. Beyond thinking that girls pee out of their vaginas or that periods are made out of the blood of dead babies (pretty much every girl will have to teach some dude that this is not true at some point in their lifetime), people have some really strange ideas as to how they think the female body works. Even some women with vaginas of their own don't seem to know what is really happening in their pants. Even though some of what people "know" about female anatomy horrifyingly misinformed, you can still laugh at them anyway.
1. This person thinks that the menstrual cycle is unnatural, and suggests basically starving yourself to stop it. (via PM_me_a_scary_thing from Reddit)
2. Redditor _ahsatan started a conversation about female anatomy when they had to explain that you don't pee out of your clitoris.
I just taught my sister-in-law (26) and my husband (31) that women do not, in fact, pee from the clit. What are the most ridiculous ideas you've heard about the female body?
That you can "hold" your period blood the same way you can hold your pee. I had an incredibly stupid boyfriend once that wouldn't stop at a gas station on our way someplace because he thought I could just hold it til we got there.
ETA: that women only use one pad/tampon per period. That pads/tampons/etc aren't necessary hygiene items.
4. Through all the spelling errors and profanity, it seems this woman thinks that vaginas smell because of years of semen building up inside? (via Reddit user lady-linux)
5. pizzaoverload shared this comment that they found on a YouTube video where a woman (Chris) announced that she got her period back after years of over-training and dieting.
Chris, I know I am male but I have always had somehow an internal sensing that women's period is blood that is not up to standard and the body must get rid of it. As well as many females think something is wrong with them when they don't have a period something tells me if your detoxing well through exercise and clean diet that if the body has clean blood and there is nothing to recycle out you just won't have a period. Just like a lot of women of little bodyfat. I think a female loses their period because the body is that clean and detoxed. I see it as a good thing if this is the case. If this is the case then most females just are not optimal detoxed and the body has to force it through a period to keep the system clean. What are your thoughts is this possible? With Love JC.
6. wicksa, a labor and delivery nurse, had many stories to share about female anatomy myths that will make you want to campaign for sex-ed in all schools immediately.
Oh, my time to shine! I am an L&D nurse and I hear some weird shit, especially from teen moms.
"My friend told me that if I douched with sprite after having sex, I couldn't get pregnant." - 16 year old in labor
"I tried to schedule a c section because my pussy is really tight and I know a baby ain't gonna fit through there. The doctor wouldn't let me." The baby did indeed fit with no assistance (meaning no vaccuum or forceps, a doctor was totally there haha).
5 foot tall 120 lb girl who looks so pregnant it's like she swallowed a beach ball, hasn't had her period in 9+ months, is sexually active, shows up to ER with abdominal pains (contractions!): "I didn't know I was pregnant."
"I'm not going to breastfeed because I am afraid it will turn me on too much. I like nipple play during sex."
7. This man tries to correlate the thigh gap to the size of one's vagina, even though it seems pretty obvious that no one would ever let him near their vag. (via Redditor dustinyo_)
8. Even though this commenter has had given birth to two children of her own, she still does not understand how pregnancy works. (via Gingevere)
I dont think that there is enough space for a baby in there. I've had 2 kids and they both liked 2 move around and that wouldn't have been possible in such a Tiny bell. Everyone carries different but working out like that and leaving your baby with little space is not okay. A baby needs 2 tumble en move around. Dont be selfish and workout hardcore 2 keep super thin.
9. In a horrifying true story, a so-called "sexual assault expert investigator" had to be told what a cervix was in court.
In the reinvestigation of the case of Kelli Smith, a young driver who killed a father of two while driving the wrong way down a one way street, it was discovered that the woman may have been slipped a date rape drug which caused the accident. Although initially there was no investigation into a possible rape, it was discovered that the woman sustained injuries to her cervix and was found at the scene of the crime without pants or underwear on. Sexual assault expert investigator Eric Stacks was called in to look into whether or not Smith was raped, which prompted defense attorney Jennifer Bukowsky to ask Stacks about the injury.
Bukowsky: In your experience with car crashes how many times do you see injuries to a cervix?
Stacks: I don't know what you're asking me, to a cervix?
Bukowsky: You don't know what a cervix is?
Stacks: No. explain that to me, please.
10. Redditor katiedid05 posted this unsettling screenshot of a teenager condescendingly explaining how the clitoris has to grow ten centimeters before giving birth.
sorry but in childbirth you clitoris will need to grow up to 10cm to actually give birth...thats why they say you need to be 10cm dialated to start pushing...im not even 18 yet and i got that one right :/
11. This dude tried to write something snarky on the comment section of an Onion article titled, "Frustrated Gunman Can't Believe How Far He Has to Drive to Find Nearest Planned Parenthood Clinic." He became a bigger joke than the article. (via MsManifesto)
12. midnasays found this perplexing meme that tries to slut shame women who prefer to use pads?
13. This poor woman thinks she needs a placenta transplant. (via pleasuretohaveinclas)
14. One time an anti-abortion lawmaker asked why women couldn't just swallow a camera to expedite the process of getting a gynecological exams. Yes, a man who makes laws said this. (via Huffington Post)
During a debate over an anti-abortion bill, a Republican lawmaker in Idaho asked Monday whether women can just swallow a tiny camera in order to conduct a gynecological exam remotely with a doctor.
According to the Associated Press, Idaho Rep. Vito Barbieri (R) posed the bizarre question to Dr. Julie Madsen, who was testifying against a bill that would ban doctors from prescribing medication abortion via webcam unless they have examined the woman in person. Madsen had to explain to Barbieri that swallowed items, like pills, do not land in the vagina.