It is February 13th, which means it is officially Galentine's Day! Galentine's Day may have started as a fictional holiday on NBC's Parks and Recreation, but the celebration of female friendship soon took on a life of its own and is celebrated yearly by women all around the globe.
Amy Poehler's character Leslie Knope describes Galentine's Day as a day for ladies to celebrate ladies that is like "Lilith Fair, minus the angst, plus frittatas," but you can choose to mark the holiday any way you and your gal pals would like.
Here are 15 activities we suggest to make your Galentine's Day perfect:
2) Bake cupcakes
3) Read selections from your favorite feminist manifestos aloud.
5) Assemble a girl gang.
6) Organize a women's march.
7) Overthrow the government.
8) Dismember the patriarchy.
9) Replace with a matriarchy.
10) Close the wage gap.
11) Convert a Foot Locker into a Planned Parenthood.
13) End rape culture.
14) Compliment circle.
15) Eat pizza and talk about how much you love Roxane Gay.
Remember, femininity and feminism are not mutually exclusive, so whether you decide to get your nails done, smash the patriarchy, or both, you are doing Galentine's Day right.
Have fun, be inclusive, and remember who runs the world: