Father's Day is just around the corner, and a few housemates in Spokane, Washington, who won't have access to their own dads for the weekend thought it might be fun to hire a freelance father figure for their backyard BBQ. So they did what any of us would do and posted an ad on Craigslist.
Craigslist has unconscionably deleted the post, but here's what it said:
While most of us know how to operate a grill, none of us are prepared to fill the role of 'BBQ Dad.'"
The party will take place June 17th from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
What does a "BBQ Dad" do, exactly?
- Grilling hamburgers and hot dogs (whilst drinking beer, of course)
- Bringing your own grill (subject to change, but meat will be provided by party planners)
- Referring to attendees as Big Guy, Chief, Sport, Champ, etc.
- Talk about dad things like lawnmowers, building your own deck, Jimmy Buffet, etc.
The perfect candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 18 years experience as a father
- A minimum of 10 years grilling experience
- An appreciation of cold beer on a hot summer day
*Bonus points if your name is Bill, Randy or Dave.
According to local news affiliates, the guys did get in touch with a few eligible dads, and with forty people attending, they would be interested in hiring as many as three. The payment isn't in cash, of course, but grilled meat and cold beer.
But who is their ideal candidate? None other than Bill Murray.
The party is still two weeks away, so they probably have time to re-post the ad and interview more than a few candidates. We just hope their actual dads aren't too hurt.